I want to hear your MJ stories!

Discuss everything related to Michael Jackson's death, leave your thoughts and memorial here.

I want to hear your MJ stories!

Postby Withoutapaddle » Oct 19, 2009 11:39 am

Hello:) I am a London Playwright and life long MJ fan - i grew up to his music and I was shocked and saddened to hear of his death.

I am writing a short play about MJ's passing - what it meant to people and how it has changed and shaped their lives.

It would be amazing if people could share with me their stories - I am particularly interested in how people found out. Where were you when you heard the news? What were you doing, how did you feel, who did you ring / text / message. AND - I am interested in hearing about how the internet (FB / Twitter / Chat rooms / Forums) were used when people discovered his death, and how it helped or changed things.

Look forward to hearing your stories. THANK YOU!!!

Anna J
Withoutapaddle

Thriller Dance Party!

Postby Hazey Jane » Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Anna
I was working in NY when it happened and working to a deadline, so I wasnt paying much attention to my gmail chat which was open and a friend had sent me a link to CNN which was covering the news as it was happening. I went to the site and found out that MJ was being taken to the hospital. I was in Total shock and alerted the whole office! We have some pretty big MJ fans in the Office so we all had to stop and find out what was going on. We spent the rest of the afternoon grooving to MJ's best classics. I walked home that night and always pass Union Square and this particular day people from all over NY had come for an impromptu Thriller dance party! We danced until the police broke up the scene! It was remarkable to see all the people that had gathered in just a few hours.
Hazey Jane

MJ Picture Discs and records I loved the 70s and 80s music

Postby butterflybabe » Nov 03, 2009 6:06 am

I saw MJ in 1995 and it was a really awesome experience, I'm so sad he has gone, but I will cherish all my old mj records and picture dics
Michael Jackson - Name That Song Quiz
http://apps.facebook.com/michaeljacks_tufweb/
All results get a Michael Jackson Award... can you get the top Shiny Glove Award?
butterflybabe

Return to Michael Jackson's Death & Memorial